<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/34995796?origin\x3dhttp://thisharlequinvalentine.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Sunday, March 04, 2007


[music|The Patron Saint of Liars and Fakers - Fall Out Boy]



Ohmygoodness.

A message to everybody who DIDN'T go to the Fall Out Boy concert, you just missed what could be one of the best shows in your entire life. But if you can't stand the pushing, the 29839283 people pushing against you and the screaming, don't bother. You'll die during the support acts.

I came back alive but I'm bruised, battered and very tired. I think I bruised my ribs too. It hurts when I move.

But the most important thing is.

Fall Out Boy is, I quote Pete Wentz

"FUCKING AWESOME" live. :D (Haha. xD Okay only those who went will get it ;))

I woke up at 4.30am, went to MCDs to grab some brekkie for me and Des and we got there before 7. There were a couple of people in line already. Made a couple of friends with a couple of people but many of them just changed our perceptions of them later. Human beings are selfish shit people I tell you. We lose all our morals when it comes to these kind of things. I'm glad I didn't. I let this little girl stand infront of me, even if it meant losing the closeness to Pete. That was one of my proudest moment of the night, that I had a conscience when everybody else lost theirs.

We met the guys from Saw Loser backstage. Didn't really give a damn on who they are but damn, their bassist is fit. :D We walked past them a couple of times without even knowing who they were TBH! XD Fall Out Boy came at 7pm, there was no way we could meet them.


So, at like 5pm? They started moving the entire bloody queue into this hall and those that queued overnight/since 6 bloody am in the morning ended up in the back. And then everybody started cutting. I did. And I tell you, the security had to deal with this very very very very pissed off angry mob. I yelled at the asshole who moved us before going to find this bunch of other girls who were infront of us if we could cut. That was before they got annoying *g*

I nearly thought I would die in that hall. They bloody locked us in and made us all sit down. Okay that's fine, THEN they opened the door. Oh my goodness. After today, I have had the experience of being crushed. The second time they did it to really let us out. I thought I would die in there. Fall down and just die. Literally. I couldn't breathe and there were 343948394 people pressing onto me. I pushed Des out and she grabbed me out. People were fainting left right and centre and everybody had cuts, scrapes and bruises.

Went in and managed to get second row. The support acts were okay? I wouldn't pay my money to see them though.

And then Fall Out Boy came on at 9.30pm. There are two versions of the story. The first one was that Patrick went out and they had to wait for him to get back. The other one was that Pete went out and he was really late and he was on his way back. I think the Pete one was more believable ;) I thought I died and went to heaven or something.


Or more like hell because 348938493 people started pushing left and right and I got seperated from Des.

It was AMAZING. They ARE AMAZING LIVE. And my goodness, EVERYBODY sang their lungs out for EVERY song. And Pete was beyond shocked. He had the :O look after the first song and he quickly replaced that with a cheeky grin. It was a one man show really. Run by Pete Wentz. I would like to complain, but it wouldn't sound genuine. xDD The most amazing one was Grand Theft Autumn/Where Is Your Boy? The beginning bit, they just let us do the singing and whoa. I was blown away. (Yeah, it's also my favourite song but yeah ;))

Right uhm, in between songs and stuff. Pete started spitting after every song and he started saying about how they'll end up in jail and die there from a hanging. It was hilarious. He was like, staring at the security AND then he spitted onto the stage. Annnd, after Golden. Pete came back, picked up his bass, walked to the front and spit out the entire contents of his water bottle.

He kept on pushing the limits of the rules. Like, before This Ain't A Scene. He went, "EVERYBODY YELL GODDAMN!" and again and again and again. He was just awesome man. :D

Yeah, I had his DNA on my body so WHY ON EARTH AM I WASHING MY SHIRT? Why did I take a shower? Oh man.

And then before Saturday, he wanted to make it a moshpit so this guy called Adrian or something started crowdsurfing and everybody went crazy. It was hilarious. :D


AND AND I had Patrick's/Pete/Joe's waterbottle. But I threw it away cause I wouldn't know what to do with it? I'm starting to regret it now.

And I was THIS close to getting Andy's drumstick. By this close, I mean it bloody touched my hand and someone took it. I felt his aura, it's good enough *g*

Oh and PETE was staring at me through the whole thing and smiling.

I think I died. xD

Okay it did help that everybody infront of me was a head shorter and everybody behind me was a head shorter too. Plus, my Descendents shirt worked wonders. And my JUMPING :D And the hearts. And the screaming xD

I'm starting to think I'm just not fated to meet bands. xD It doesn't really matter to me now, I go to shows for the right reasons. Thanks for March Third guys. That was one awesome show. And one of the best rock gigs I've ever been to! BRING THE CIVIC TOUR HERE AFTER NOVEMBER 7 YA HEAR? :DD

Oh and I don't think I'll brave another mosh pit for anybody else. Pete made the crowd go crazy. Like, he went crowd surfing and his shirt got torn off. It was hilarious.

I'm just very very very very glad his jeans stayed intact. Honestly, because after THAT incident, I can never look at that guy in the same way EVER again. Ever. >.>

THE SETLIST (I don't think the order is right, except for the first three songs and the last song)
1)Thriller
2)I'm Like a Lawyer With The Way I'm Always Trying To Get You Off (Me+You)
3)I Slept With Someone In Fall Out Boy and All I Got Was This Stupid Song Written About Me
4)Our Lawyers Made Us Change The Name Of This Song So We Wouldn't Get Sued
5)Of All The Gin Joints In The World
6)Nobody Puts Baby in The Corner
7)Sugar, We're Going Down
8)Grand Theft Autumn/Where Is Your Boy?
9)"Tell That Mick He Just Made My List of Things To Do Today"
10) The Patron Saint of Liars and Fakers
11) Xo
12)A Little Less Sixteen Candles, A Little More "Touch Me"
13)The Take Over, The Break's Over
14)This Ain't A Scene, It's an Arms Race
15)Golden
16)Dance, Dance
17)Saturday

My personal favourites? Grand Theft Autumn/Where Is Your Boy?, "Tell that Mick He Just MAde My List Of Things To Do Today", The Take Over, The Break's Over, Thriller, I'm Like A Lawyer.. ANNND SATURDAY :D

I wanted Dead on Arrival :(

ANYWAY.

It was fucking awesome and you knows it. :)

So, of course after every concert comes the, "depression" phrase.

I didn't finish breakfast OR lunch.

This is my goodbye note.

Not in lipstick but on my arm.

In blood.

DES SURVIVED THE CRUSHING, THE PUSHING, THE SCREAMING. "ILOVEYOUPATRICK" (Stump not that. other patrick) HAHA. :D THE ONLY person who did that. She bruised like a peach but we both survived it.

It was worth it, I told you :D

I was so glad for basketball. I actually employed the behind method and uhm the man-to-man technique. Heh. xD

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,


forever kids are magnets for each other ♥

behind the chemical shed♥



thisharlequinvalentine is YARADALEDA♥ who is
supercalifragilistic
expialidocious




overture of 1812♥



gunpowder plot♥




Quote of the month:

"…he was so full of wrath against grown-ups, who, as usual, were spoiling everything, that as soon as he got inside his tree he breathed intentionally quick short breaths at the rate of about five to a second. He did this because there is a saying in the Neverland that, every time you breathe, a grown-up dies; and Peter was killing them off vindictively as fast as possible."

-Peter Pan by J. M. Barrie




the land of do as you please.♥









the revolution♥



x Best viewed in Mozilla Firefox 1024x768
x texturebase
x Frank Iero photo from Kerrang February 2005 issue
x Harry Potter book launch 7 photo of us from Yonhap News/AP
x Beatles photo taken from the Abbey Road cover (shoot yourself if you don't know that. Do it now.)
x The phrase harlequin valentine is from the genius, Neil Gaiman.
x Taglines are from Alan Moore's V for Vendetta








the shadow gallery♥